All children in Foundation class, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a Free School Meal, regardless of their parents’ income, however you may still need to apply. (Please see list below regarding eligibility).
Claiming Free school Meals for Children in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2
If you are in receipt of any of the benefits shown below it is important that you also claim Free School Meals as this will open up different opportunities for your child and the school as your child will qualify for Pupil Premium. The Pupil Premium grant is allocated to schools as additional funding to raise attainment for children who qualify for the Pupil Premium. Even if you do not intend claiming your meals, the school receives significant extra funding to support our work.
Free School Meals Children in Years 3-6
Children in Year 3 and above may also be entitled to Free School Meals if your family is in receipt of certain benefits. If you would like more details please see below or ask the school office staff.
Families should apply for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits:
- Income-based & Contribution-based JSA or ESA on an equal basis
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
How to Register for Free School Meals?
To register your child/children for free school meals, please register at the following web address:
The application form can be completed online where you will receive notification immediately if your child/children are eligible. Please keep a copy of your letter (a photo from your mobile phone would suffice) and inform the school office as soon as possible.
If you need any assistance, please contact the school office or ring the Education Helpline: 0345 155 1019.
If there is a change in your circumstances you should contact the Customer Service Centre on 0345 155 1019 as soon as possible as this may affect your entitlement.