Through our Family Support Worker, Kelly Henson and ELSA assistant, Tammy Hogan, we can provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community.
Support for pupils includes:
- Promoting good attendance and punctuality
- Promoting self-esteem, confidence and mental health
- Promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- Providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- Parenting workshops and advice
- Providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- Liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- Assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g., housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- Attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- Guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.